So, why can’t our homes be as comfortable as our favorite pair of jeans? Why does saying ‘I love you to Dad” need to be expensive? After all, love comes from within and gestures that show you care do too!
1. Fridge Remix: Clear a path to healthy eating by getting rid of withered produce, leftovers and almost-empty jars of mustard. Then, stock up on favorite fresh fruit and raw veggies (berries, pineapple, grapes??). Back at home, wash and put them in easy-to-access containers so he has easy and healthy snack food, thanks to the fruits of your labor!
2. Flower (singular): You don’t have to get all chick-ish about it, but even just one flower can send Dad a big message. Pick one from outdoors and give it a home in a water glass, soda bottle or bud vase by the sink where he brushes his teeth in the morning.
3. Man the Grill: How about giving him a cold beer while you take over the grilling duties? On the menu: surf and turf, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Eat outdoors picnic style or get him one (or all) of the all time great football movies and kick back and enjoy!
4. Feed His Love of Football: So he may be mourning the absence of Monday Night Football…. Meanwhile, feed his passion by getting him one, five or all of the top ten football flicks of all time, according to Sports Illustrated: Rudy, North Dallas Forty, Brian’s Song, Horse Feathers, The Longest Yard, Jerry Maguire, Friday Night Lights, Heaven Can Wait, All the Right Moves
5. Lights Out: When it’s time to turn in at the end of the day, how about putting a note on his pillow that tells him something you appreciate about him or a special memory you have?